It’s really easy:
- Just pick a piece from the shelf. We have got loads to choose from. The price will be written on the item felt tip (don’t worry this comes off in the kiln) and this is the total price you pay, which includes the item itself, studio fees, hand glazing and time in the kiln.
- Take it back to your table, and one of our knowledgeable staff members will talk to you about your design and give you some tips on how to bring your design to live.
- Everything you will need is on your table along with a numbered glazed colour wheel to help you see what the paint looks like after its been hand glazed and fired.
- Can’t think what you’d like to paint? Don’t worry we have a huge catalogue of pictures to go through with you and some actual finished pieces for you to be inspired by. Don’t forget to order a delicious drink and snack from the café to keep you going.
- Once you are happy with your piece, we will take it away and finish off the process for you.
- Come back when it's ready and pick up your beautifully shiny piece of pottery ready to be someone’s individual gift or have pride of place in your home.
We have a large car park at the back that is accessed along the right side of the shop. We also have dedicated disabled spaces for wheelchair users and those with mobility issues. If our car park is full, there is lots of free parking Studley just a few minutes walk away.
Accessibility is really important to us and yes we do have dedicated disabled parking and an extra wide door to our rear painting room which is very close to the car park. Unfortunately we do not have a disabled toilet, yet. Our staff are very skilled with supporting painters of all abilities and, particularly with any additional learning needs, so please let us know what adaptations you might need when you book with us.
Yes we do, plus lots of high chairs, bumbos and room for buggies!
Yes we do! The first Friday of each month is our late opening session. Catch up with friends over a glass of something that you have brought with you or try one of our delicious hot drinks.
What a great idea! Take the hassle out of party planning and let us do it all for you. Our Loft can hold up to 18 people very comfortably and can be booked for any occasion. Painters from 5 - 105 are very welcome. You can bring your own food and decorations, just pay the £40 room booking fee for 2 hour parties and for each party piece you paint. Children's party pieces are £17.50 each.
Our Loft has its own bathroom and entrance so it really is a cosy and private place for your function. Go to our party page for more info and to make a booking.
Yes. We have milk alternatives for hot drinks and a range of vegan tasty treats on offer. Our range changes regularly but we will always try to have a vegan alternative when possible.
You will generally have access to your table for 2 hours which is normally plenty of time to complete your piece and squeeze in a coffee!
Don't worry, we understand that sometimes you might need a bit more time. If we don't have another booking you can stay a little longer for no extra charge, or you could take home some paint in smaller pots to finish it off at home. Just bring it in to us when you are happy and we will do all the rest.
Vouchers and paint at home kits are perfect gifts for young and old. We can either put together a tailor made paint at home kit with an appropriate item with paints and instructions for you to give, or you could give a voucher for them to come in a redeem themselves. You can buy a voucher over the phone and we can email it to you. Just call 01527 852870.